Little Known Ways to High Quality Traffic
Website traffic is the number of web users visiting a website. Website traffic can be measured in visitors. Sometimes called “sessions”, it is a common method to gauge the effectiveness of an online business at attracting a target audience.
When you are stuck in traffic jams on the highway, you know you’re a marketer. All you can think of is, “Why can’t you drive traffic to your website like this?”
You are not the only one who has struggled to drive traffic to your website. According to 2020 research by Content Marketing Institute 63% of content professionals struggle to find enough staff who are skilled in content strategy, which is one of top drivers of website traffic.
It can be difficult to see the results of your website traffic when you are busy writing blog posts, updating social media and planning for an email campaign. These tips will increase traffic to your site, generate leads and improve your ROI.
1. Keyword Research
Relevant keywords should always be included in content. Keywords should not be stuffed into content in a way that distracts from the main idea. Keywords should be used throughout the content. This includes the meta description, page title, URL, headers, and occasionally throughout the article.
You can use tools such as Moz and Ahrefs to conduct keyword research. These websites provide valuable information that can help you plan your keyword strategy. They show keywords used by competitors, what the cost of keywords for pay-per click ads, and related keywords. Hiring a SEO agency can be a good option. They can provide valuable insights and conduct audits to find issues that could prevent your site from appearing in search engines.
2. Create Killer Content
You can’t just post content. Content must be memorable and stands out from the rest. It is a great way to increase website traffic. Google is used by people to search for specific, detailed, and accurate answers to their questions. Your content should also be available to answer those questions. Websites with blog content are able to generate 434% more search engines-indexed pages than websites without it. Sites that post more than 16 articles per month get nearly 3.5x more traffic than sites that only publish one to four. Web traffic will improve if you take care of the content you create, post frequently, and research what your audience is looking for.
3. Start Guest posts
Guest posting on other websites can be a great way to get backlinks, increase referral traffic and improve search engine result page (SERP). Before pitching, you should research the websites in your industry.
First, examine the content of a website and ensure it is high quality. Next, verify its domain authority. Finally, review their guest post guidelines. Ask the publication whether they will promote the post on Facebook and if they’ll tag your name.
4. Maintain active social media pages
For attracting visitors, social media is a huge tool. These are just a few ways you can use it to increase your website traffic.
- Post content (blogs, e-books, white papers, infographics, videos, etc.) across your social media platforms
- Interact with your followers by replying, reposting their content, and tagging them
- Use the appropriate hashtags
- To promote new content, update the link in your bio
- To promote new content, change the cover photo
- You can tag influencers that may be interested in the content
- To encourage people to click on the link, include enticing information in the content
- Answer other people who are looking for answers by linking to your content
5. To increase website traffic, you can use advertising
Paying search, social media, and display ads are all effective ways to increase website traffic. Each option has its pros and cons. For instance, users have the ability to block display ads. The average cost per Google Ads click is between $1 and $2. It’s important that you set goals and budgets before you invest a lot of money.
When you do pay per click ads (PPC), it is important to have one campaign and several ad groups that contain the keywords you are interested in. Begin campaigns and observe how people respond to different keywords. One keyword might result in only impressions which did not increase website traffic. Another may result in clicks and conversions.
6. Email Newsletters
Email newsletters are a great way to promote content and increase website traffic. These are some email marketing best practices.
- In the subject line as well as the email body, include enticing information.
- Add a button or link that subscribers can click to access more content.
- Make sure your email is mobile-friendly . Links should be easily visible, as 46% email opens are made on mobile devices.
- Personalization strategies can be used by including the subscriber’s name.
- Use well-designed templates to make your email stand out visually.
- To find out which emails get more clicks and opens, you can conduct A/B testing.
7. Influencer Outreach
Influencers in the industry are keen to share content they love with their followers. There are many ways businesses can connect with influential people, such as:
- If your piece refers to their research or content, tag the influencer in a post on social media.
- Ask the influencer to interview you or answer your questions. Then tag or email them when the content has been published. They will likely share your content to their followers.
- You can do a roundup with multiple influencers. When promoting the post via social media, tag each participant.
- Influencers can be paid to post sponsored content on their social media accounts.
You can use tools such as BuzzSumo and HypeAuditor to identify the most influential people in your industry. Or, you can reach out to a Digital Marketing Agency that can help you with influencer outreach.
8. Make a useful industry tool or content
It is a great way of driving more traffic. We created an editorial schedule template here at the content marketing agency. It was available for everyone to download. We created this tool to help marketers create and publish content more easily.
You can create tools and content that will help others in your industry. Then, offer them to their customers for free on their sites. You can increase your return and get new leads by posting gated content/tools. This is where you offer the content or tools for free in exchange for their contact information. Promoting the content/tools in relevant LinkedIn Groups and forums where professionals are involved is another way to increase website traffic.
9. Exchange backlinks
Backlink exchanges are a great option for businesses looking to increase their website traffic. Reach out to relevant websites and offer your content to be included in a post. You can also offer a backlink exchange where you will add your link to their post.
This is exactly what we did to Rainbow Muffler & Brake. We wrote a blog post called “The Essential Road Trip List for Your Car.” Then, we searched Pitch box for relevant websites and reached out to them to ask if they would promote our post.
Wheel Scene allowed a backlink exchange and social media post exchange. This resulted in a 23245% increase of views. Businesses can win big if they find the right partner to exchange their backlinks.
Increase Website Traffic Today
Businesses can expect to see an increase of website traffic if they follow these steps. Some of these strategies can be immediate gratification while others require patience and time. Continue to try new methods and analyze the results.