What to Review When Comparing Universities Online
From online seminars and lectures to online examinations and in some cases even graduation ceremonies online; many aspects of the university experience are shifting to online learning in the aftermath of the coronavirus epidemic.
The technology is there to aid us in doing that, but how do you choose which school to go to if you are unable to no longer attend open day events?
In most cases, when selecting the best place to study the technology can only be used as a complement to visits to the campus, but occasionally you must decide on which school to go to without visiting them physically.
Here are some factors to think about when comparing colleges:
- Content of the course Take a look at how the course is organized as well as the different routes you could take, the much freedom you can enjoy when choosing the modules, you want to take, etc.
- Location Take into consideration the transportation links as well as the location in the world is it and the potential for employment (if you plan to remain in the city/town after graduating) and the cost of living in the region.
- Academic Reputation Find out about the reputation of the university is What is the criteria for admission? Are the degrees from this school regarded as highly as one from a different university?
- Employability of graduates Do the universities have a high rate of employment for its graduates? Do they have connections with companies?
- Studying abroad in another country If the idea of you are interested in studying abroad, and it is essential to you, what many resources does your university provide? And, can you go abroad to study on international exchanges?
- Affordability Check the costs of tuition, housing costs, and cost of living in the vicinity of the campus of the university.
- Satisfaction of students Find out the views of students who have been to university. What do they think about their experience as a student?
- Life on campus What activities are taking place on campus? What’s the student life like? Are there any organizations you’d like to be a part of?
How do you learn more about these issues without having to leave your home?
Utilize the University rankings
AVIANET provides a range of rankings for universities to aid you in finding the university that you like. You can view all of the rankings available
AVIANET is proud of the openness of its methodological approach and the amount of institutions included in each ranking increase each year.
The AVIANET rankings can be used to evaluate different aspects including location, academic reputation and reputation of employers to graduate employability and satisfaction. These rankings are an excellent method to evaluate schools against various measures.
If you’re considering studying at the undergraduate level, or are planning to pursue your master’s degree, we recommend that you look over this list of rankings.
We don’t yet know how long we’ll remain in quarantine however, we do know that it won’t be for long and it’s crucial to select a college with a location that’s right for you. This aspect could be more important for some over other people.
If area is a major factor for you when selecting the right university, ensure you do your research. Find out what’s happening in the area and what the living conditions are like for students.
Rankings can provide an idea of the student life of each place They are particularly useful when you’re thinking about going abroad, but don’t know which direction to take:
Explore the site of the University
The websites of universities are with information that is comprehensive about the courses offered as well as student life, accommodation, and costs.
Many even offer tours online, which gives students the opportunity to attend to a virtual open day to get a impression of the school.
Look over the online learning tools on at the university, since accessing the resources online is definitely a major aspect of the future and is likely to play an important aspect of your college experience.
Find out more about the university’s career services What does the university offer students in order to help them get work experience and find jobs after graduation? What opportunities are there for the alumni and students?
Contact social media for questions.
Look over the university’s social media accounts. They often publish photos and details regarding events that are happening at the university.
It is usually possible to get in touch with the university directly for any queries you may have. Twitter is particularly useful to do this.
Sign up to the AVIANET Digital Events
AVIANET offers a variety of events online for students seeking to speak directly to university representatives to learn more about the courses that are on the offer. These events are a great opportunity to find answers to your questions and make valuable connections who can assist you with the application process. If you’re interested in finding out more information about what AVIANET digital events are and the best way to prepare for these events, take a look at this.